Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another Great Meal!

Almost a year ago I posted a brief comment here about how, with a bit of creativity, research and experimentation, I could convert almost any recipe into a healthy plant based recipe.  I was eager to test out Caesar salad dressing.  It was one of those things that I couldn't imagine being delicious without dairy products but I hoped to have success anyway!  Well, almost a year later I finally made my vegan Caesar salad and it was worth waiting for!


Ceasar Dressing:
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/8 cup raw pine nuts
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1 medium garlic clove
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2-1 tsp agave nectar
1/2 -1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup water
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients using a processor and puree until very smooth.

Am I a complete geek that I had ALL of the ingredients for that dressing on hand and ready to go?! My meal was perfect:


I have to show off my dessert of vanilla cupcakes with coconut icing.  They are made completely dairy free and without white flour or sugar except for a modest amount of powdered sugar in the frosting.  They are so moist and yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment