Saturday, May 3, 2014

Things That Rock My World

I'm happier than I can remember being in a very long time and yet it's the little things that jump out and seem to really make me happy.

I started baking up a storm recently and I had the opportunity to purchase a friend's gently used Kitchenaid mixer.  It was always a "nice to have" item but sort of out of my price range.  I used it this past week to make cupcakes and I must admit that all of the hype about Kitchenaid is true and this thing really rocks!





Another thing that rocked was the Sebastian Bach show last weekend.  When I saw Tom Keifer and had his sweat splash in my face I thought "the 16 year old Jen would simply die".  Well, I'm pretty sure if I went back in time and said to the 16 year old Jen "I saw Sebastian Back live in the front row.  I met him, had my picture taken with him, joined his band in a hotel room party until 4am and gained an all access tour pass" 16 year old Jen wouldn't have even believed that was even possible.  






Other happy things this week:

A neighbor discarded a beautiful plant that I couldn't resist:



When I noticed an amazing deal on Kindles being offered to some Amazon users I asked both my mom and my boyfriend to check their accounts.  Neither had the deal but both were already desperately thinking about my birthday 2 1/2 months away.  Mom won and I have a new Kindle Paper white!




No comments:

Post a Comment