Thursday, January 23, 2014

Some Of the Best Things In Life Are Cheap Or Free

Here's my steal of the week.  I have been saying for months that I need a new set of sheets.  I have two sets.  One is relatively new and really nice but the other set is ancient and not the nicest color. I managed to snag a $69.99 set of sheets for $23.52.    They are Fieldcrest Luxury 500 thread count Egyptian cotton and they are super soft.  I can't wait to wash them and get them on the bed.
Here's the breakdown of my savings:
Sheet Set 69.99
minus -10.00 off a $50 home purchase Target coupon
minus -35.00 Save 50% Target Cartwheel Deal
minus - 1.47 Target Red Card Savings         
Total $23.52 for a Queen Set!



I am also super excited that I have 12 of these coupons on the way to me.  I spent .96 cents for them and they will save me $18.00 on countless items at Shaw's.  I also think it's funny that getting them was sorta of like trying to score Bon Jovi tickets in 1989.  These coupons sold out in less than 5 minutes.  I am not the only freak out there!





Here's an update four weeks into the 52 week money challenge.  I have stashed $109 into the jar which puts me just slightly above the average amount I should be saving to stay on track and not end up with a bunch of high dollar weeks right around the holidays at the end of the year.  I am LOVING this jar idea.  I love seeing the bills piled up!



And on one final note of the best things in life being cheap or free...$20 for a concert ticket and for that I got 5 hours of entertainment, got better acquainted with some friends, heard some of my favorite songs live, and have a fantastic story of chasing down a rock star!






No comments:

Post a Comment