Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Portland Hotspots

I feel so fortunate to live in a city that is so vibrant and full of fun places that are unique and special.  I am even more fortunate that I can easily walk to all of them and normally have a partner in crime two steps ahead of me checking places out and giving them the thumbs up.  I then tag along to see what all the fuss is about. I normally learn that there is good reason for the fuss.  Here are a few of my current favorite food and beverage places in Portland.

First Fave: North Point

This little gem is tucked away on Silver Street. As you walk up you are drawn in by the amazing decorations, inviting summer patio and the chalkboard that always has a witty saying. Once inside things get even better.  It has a long bar and you can be sure that the bartender will be friendly and that at least one of the owners will be by to chat.  The drinks are impressive, the food a nice compliment to the drinks and even the bathroom is a place you might want to spend a bit of time! The pear martini is a signature but the beer and wine lists are also splendid.





Next Fave: Local 188 and Sonny's

Two distinct places but same owner so I have lumped Local 188 and Sonny's together.  They both have amazing atmospheres, great drinks and yummy food.  I adore the yam fries at Sonny's and even though I get a wee bit embarrassed at the size of the plate I always manage to take care of most of the plate.  Both places have fantastic infused vodkas. Local 188 is a great, easy location with fun seating areas, great bartenders (theme anyone) and just as fun for a loud get together as it is for a quiet dinner for two.

Here are a couple of beverages from Local 188:








Another Fave: Zapoteca

I first went to Zapoteca during Restaurant week and their special menu had a wonderful vegan option that was basically one of the best meals I've ever had.  Combine that with fantastic drinks and I was sold.  Turns out they have a full vegetarian/vegan menu available all of the time.  

Here is the menu from restaurant week,  I has the veggie tacos with arugula.  OMG yum.





And here is their fantastic margarita:





I could name many, many other places but for now these are my top spots.  There are a couple of newer places that I'm anxious to try out though.  One is MJs Wine Bar.  I have a Living Social deal to use on food and drink.  The other place is Outliers which is just down the street from me and looks amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment