Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve Food

I love pulling a meal together and having my parents over for good food and company on Christmas Eve.  This year I didn't have time off and only left work a few hours early so it made for a crazed afternoon but everything came off without a hitch and a good night was had by all.  And I did it with only two glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of sparking prosecco.  

I made a vegan lasagna.  I put the sauce together on Sunday so that it had a couple of days for the flavors to develop and I admit it smelled and tasted really yummy!


Here is the finished product:



I always make a big salad with festive pomegranate seed garnish:


I also made way too many cookies!

These are peppermint chocolate chip:


And here are pumpkin oatmeal chip cookies:


At one point my kitchen looked like a tornado ripped through.  This is just one small corner of the disaster scene:


But here is the table all set and ready to filled with wine and food!





No comments:

Post a Comment