Thursday, August 29, 2013

It Happened Again This Summer

Last summer time got away from me and I realized I hadn't blogged in an awful long time but I didn't make any excuses because I was having so much fun!  This summer I've had some valid excuses. In addition to the normal summer fun I've started a new, busy job and I've been dealing with a cough from hell for more than four weeks.  But as labor day nears I am back.

It's really important that my work environment be nice.  I once worked in a super old dilapidated building. It didn't have central air and all of the fixtures were straight out of 1970.  I like modern when I work.  I am so excited that my work space is in a nicely updated building with ample central air and plenty of parking space.  This is what gets me excited about work, go figure.  So, you can imagine my delight when I saw my office space for the first time.  It is a cubicle which I expected but it is super huge!  I was pleased to see two monitors since I've been using them for years and can't imagine having only one.  But these two are huge and on super cool swinging arms.  But the absolute best part...my own printer!  I think I'm easy to please!







I've also been totally loving the Freeport Summer Concert Series.  I loved Matt Nathanson on July 4th so much that I bought a ticket for his show at the State Theatre in November.  A couple weeks ago I saw Tristan Prettyman and this coming Saturday I am seeing Joshua Radin.  The following video is Matt talking about an older song of Matt's but one of my current favorites.








I also got a new laptop so I really no longer have any excuses not to be up to date on this blog!! Plus fall is almost here...

No comments:

Post a Comment