Sunday, August 11, 2013

Relentless Belanger-Night Three

Relentless Belanger is a four night event with shows all over town raising money for Mark Belanger, a local musician, fighting cancer.  Night three was at Asylum.  Here he is with Mark Curdo and Brant Dadaleares.





The first band I made it to see was Whitcomb. They get their name and the inspiration of their lyrics from a poet in the 19th century.  But very loud rock!  I have bailed on their past two shows and it was definitely past due for their special kind of rock.  If you wonder what it sounds like when I go to a loud, local music show this clip gives you a pretty good idea.




A lyric sheet from "Tempest" was thrown into the crowd and I grabbed it.  I admit I've never paid much attention the the lyrics but they are quite artistic and I am more and more getting the whole poet Whitcomb thing.





Next it was time to be transported back to the 90's with the music from Tripe.  Leader singer Brant did back to back sets.  I admit I had forgotten some of the music but the moment it started playing everything fell right back into place.  I also must add that out of the woodwork appeared one of my 1994 boyfriends standing next to me.  So, it felt like being right back in the day good and bad : )







The set ended with bringing Pete from Twisted Roots onto the stage.  A bit of a teaser for night two.





No comments:

Post a Comment