Friday, December 30, 2011

Juice

A couple of weeks ago I watched the documentary Fat Sick And Nearly Dead.  It tells the story of two very unhealthy men who take the drastic step of a 60 day juice fast to help loose weight and get healthy.  I have watched several inspiring documentaries lately but this one really moved me to action.  They showed a woman who used a juice fast to help with her migraines. I was sold.  I started today on a 15 day juice fast.  I have the next 4 1/2 days off of work and I'm hoping that any nasty detox stuff will be done by then. I am also giving up Diet Coke for at least the next 60 days so this is really monumental and my body is not going to be happy!

Here was my load from the grocery store.  I expect this to last me the first 5 days.



I made my first glass this morning. 


It was quite a production that took about 30 minutes to juice and clean up.  I'm hoping that will get easier!  It tastes suprisingly good.  It has a clean, refreshing taste with a lot of the cucumber coming through.  This juice is Kris Carr's "Make Juice, Not War" green juice.  Here is a link to the recipe and her website: Kris Carr Crazy, Sexy Life- juice recipe.   Her story is an amazing one!




No comments:

Post a Comment