- Started the weekend with a very rainy trip to Local 188 where this was the reward:
- Playing elf for my sister in Colorado who had ordered my parents a new 47" HDTV
- Ken telling the Best Buy delivery guys that they must be wrong-he wasn't expecting a delivery!
- Best Buy set everything up, no cables to fiddle with, no old TV to discard, no box to recycle, worry free!
- New Blu Ray player with Amazon and Pandora set up and ready for watching/listening entertainment.
- Upgraded a decades old cable package to include all the new HD channels and Showtime for less money than they started with.
Here's the old TV on it's way out:
And here's the new setup. The picture is deceiving since it's before we got the HD channels so there is a wide black bar around the picture. And you really can't see the Blu Ray since it's black and small:
- Amazing lobster stew! (my only cheat meal in the past two months!) I inhaled the first bowl and had to go for a second.
- Yummy homemade bread just perfect for dipping in the lobster broth AND whoopie pie for dessert.
- Spending time with my niece who is amazed by the little things "A snowflake! I can't believe she painted a snowflake on my toe!"
- Seeing mom get a well deserved pedicure and a gel manicure.
- I love my toe color Midnight In Moscow! It's charcoal dark with a hint of maroon shimmer.
- Girl's lunch at On The Border following the spa treatments.
- Setting a beautiful, festive holiday table.
- Making a comforting, yummy vegan Christmas Eve meal.
- Screeching in delight at my gift from my cat-he has such great taste :)
- Festive champagne toast.
- Christmas Day snow giving me the perfect excuse to relax and read all day!