Saturday, May 19, 2012

Can I pick just 5 Fave Vacation Pics??

I recently returned from 2 1/2 straight weeks of vacation!  It included stops in New Orleans, A Cruise, Stops in Progresso and Cozumel Mexico and then a stay in Aruba. 

I have tasked myself with choosing just five photos to post here.  I will choose one photo from NOLA, one on the cruise ship, one in Progresso, one in Cozumel, and one in Aruba.  The pictures have to make me smile, reflect perfectly on that part of the vacation and it can only be one!!!!

So here goes...I'm flipping through photos and this is sooooo difficult!

New Orleans: This photo is taken in front of a tree house made of materials reclaimed from the wreckage from Hurricane Katrina.  We could see it from our hotel room and at first named it  the "White Trash Tree house".  Once we walked down and saw it and learned about it we quickly stopped using that name.  It was a lovely stop and a great beginning to a fabulous day!



The Cruise:  I have a lot of glossy and pretty pictures of myself from the cruise but this is one that truly reflects the perfects moments of being on a cruise ship.  Sitting on a lounge chair on the adults-only Serenity deck, bathing suit and wet hair, holding a pina colada.  Yup, it might not be pretty but it is perfect!



Progresso: We visited Chitzen Itza and I took many pictures of the Mayan Ruins.  But this picture I love. I copied Tatiana and posed for a picture in a tree.  I think I was actually seeking out a small piece of shade!




Cozumel:  I was determined to not eat lunch at a tourist trap.  Eating at Senor Frog's was my worst nightmare.  I did my research and dragged the girls through the seedier part of Cozumel, walked them through a private residence into a backyard garden restaurant.  We had an amazing meal, chatted with some local expatriates, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.





Aruba: This was taken our first night in Aruba and I was just so in awe of everything.  I was still trying to process that we were at an amazing resort, having a torchlight dinner on the beach, (with open bar!) and surrounded by such beauty. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Had to be difficult to narrow it down to just 5 from so many great spots.

    ReplyDelete