Sunday, July 24, 2011

Random Summer Stuff

The good news is that I'm having a really great summer.  The bad news is that means I've been doing other things than sitting at a computer updating this blog.  Here are a few things that I've been up to:


I drove way out along Route 26 past Bethel, almost into New Hampshire to Grafton Notch State Park.  I climbed a portion of Old Speck Mountain.  When I have more time I would like to go back and do the whole thing but it takes 7-8 hours.   The first picture shows (although hard to see) metal rails that were set up along some of the hiking trail.  It's a given that if metal ladders or rails were necessary to install that this is a tough section of trail.  In fact I use the term trail loosely since it was 2.5 miles of scattered rocks and not much more!  The second picture shows the view that was my reward for all of the hard climbing.




I bought myself this wind chime for my birthday.  I have it hanging indoors as you come up the stairs to my bedroom.  It has several cooper stars and moons all hung on a swirl.  The man who made it says its treated so that it will never turn that green, old copper look. Next year I turn 40 and you better believe I'll be getting myself something more than a wind chime!



I went to Crescent Beach State Park a couple of weeks ago. This picture was taken when I got there when they first opened. I should have a taken a picture a few hours later to show the dramatic change with the throngs of people.






Then there was the Motley Crue and Poison concert I went to at Mohegan Sun down in Connecticut. I love, love, love my souvenir t-shirt.





I also got to give vicariously through my friend who just got 3 kittens.  Their names are Macy, Lily and Yaz.  I want a kitten myself but I've been told by the man of my house that I'm not allowed.


Most of these pictures I already posted on Facebook so this is definitely not the most original post but...I'm having too much fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment