Saturday, July 9, 2011

All Things Food

I have been very inspired this season by all of the fresh, abundant whole foods that are available. I began following a vegan lifestyle last fall so this is my first vegan farmers market season. It seems like every time I have a meal it is a masterpiece...well except for that night I ate Toffutti mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches. Those are heaven- dairy free or not!


This pasta was a fantastic spring dish. It is whole wheat linguine topped with a citrus pesto. The pesto has chopped oranges, cilantro, olive oil and garlic. Throw in some zucchini and grated carrot and it was complete!





This is a corn chowder. You might normally think two things when thinking about chowder. First, it's warm and therefore better suited to winter. Not this one. It is intended to be served raw and therefore uncooked although I will admit to warming mine a bit before serving. The other thing that you think about chowder is that it couldn't possibly be tasty without bits of bacon and a whole lot of cream. Well, that would be wrong. This corn chowder is scrumptious. It is blended with cashews and olive oil for that creamy, rich texture and taste. Topped with some cracked black pepper and cilantro it's all I need.



I had this sandwich last week for lunch from Stoneyfield Cafe.  It starts with their yummy flatbread.  Add some very tasty flavorful hummus.  Pile on veggies like cuke, tomato, spinach, carrot and sprouts.  This thing was about the size of my head and I had to cut it in two to eat it.  I should have stopped at one half but it was so good I ate it all in one meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment