Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Fashion

Once upon a time I was considered fashionable, even trendy.  Then a couple of things happened...In 2005 I left my corporate job and spent a couple of years hanging out at playgrounds and libraries so I had no need for frilly dresses and funky sandals.  I also happened to gain about 15 pounds so I wasn't highly inspired to try on and buy many clothes.  I've been back in the "corporate" world for three of years now, I've lost 10 of those pounds and without consciously meaning to I am very motivated by clothes this season. 


I have been drawn to all things ruffled--purses, shoes, shirts...if it has a ruffle I want it.  I'm also loving color.  Not just purple as usual but lime green and bright blue.  I went shopping yesterday and brought home a pile of loot.  I had come into a little extra cash.  Combine that with a 50% off store closing and it was meant to be.


This shirt has the required ruffles and flowy fabric that will be great with black pants this summer:

Here comes the lime green.  Plus note the one shirt combines lime green with ruffles.  Isn't it sickening? :


Shoes:  I desperately wanted a fun pair of sandals with flowers down the middle.  The ones I saw before were either too fancy or too expensive.  But here I have not only lavender flat sandals AND black wedges.  Casual and 50% off! :


I even found shorts that I like which is really saying something.  These both have such a fun pattern but more importantly they have a stretchy fabric! :




Now, I will it to become warm and stay sunny!

2 comments:

  1. What store is closing? Now I really want flowery sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NY & Company...this was down in NH. There used to be one in the ME Mall and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete