Friday, October 19, 2012

Walk To The Water

Thursday afternoon I was off of work and wanted to do something active.  I thought about doing a big hike someplace filled with beautiful fall foliage.  However, it really didn't appeal to me to drive a solid two hours so I decided to stay closer to home.

I have walked to Bug Light in South Portland a couple of times before and decided that it might be the perfect day for it.  It is a long walk of at least 6.5 miles round trip.  It starts by leaving my house and walking a mile across the Casco Bay Bridge.  After a short spell of walking in a commercial area you arrive at Mill Creek Park and then the Greenbelt Walkway leads you along a walking path with all sorts of sights before reaching a bit of an industrial area just before reaching Portland Breakwater Light as Bug Light is officially known as.

I love seeing the ducks near Mill Creek Park:


Portland off in the distance:



There's Bug Light:




A bride to be having her photos done:



A Celebrity Cruise ship in port.  Always love seeing the big ships!:




I don't remember seeing this anchor before but it is OLD.  Really neat to see up close how time has worn it away:







No comments:

Post a Comment