Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cruise Prep

I am back to blogging after a brief absence.  I took a trip to Denver and had an amazing time.  Unfortunately, I got sick and on the plane my ears plugged up leading to a sinus infection.  I had never had a sinus infection but I promise you I'm not being overly dramatic when I say that I was in agony!  I've had the flu twice and this was so much worse.  I hope to never have to go through it again!


So, back to the regularly scheduled random musings...


According to my cruise countdown I leave on vacation in 63 days.  My cruise partner could narrow that down to the hours, minutes and seconds but I am fine with knowing that in just over 2 months I will be on a plane. 


I am not a last minute kind of girl and I also tend to make lists, check stuff off and double check the list. Since coming back from Denver my suitcase was still sitting out.  I decided to start pulling cruise stuff together knowing I won't be using or wearing any of it before the cruise.  So, the result is this sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor.  The good news is I still have quite a bit of room left in that suitcase.  



I am very fortunate that a friend of mine was gracious enough to loan me a formal dress and a pair of strappy silver heels to wear with the dress.  This means that I don't have to buy a dress that I'll probably only wear once for a few hours.


The realization that the cruise is in only 2 months has kicked my motivation into high gear and I have been working out almost every days.  Most days I choose one of these DVDs.  I love Billy Blanks and Jillian Michaels!


The main reason I wanted to go on this cruise is that it includes a stop in Cozumel, Mexico.  When we went on a cruise two years ago our excursion didn't leave any time at all to wander around and really check out the place.  For this trip I was determined to not book an excursion but to just wander around checking out markets and eating fantastic local food.  Thank goodness for the library!


No comments:

Post a Comment