Sunday, January 30, 2011

Car Talk


As I get prepared to take delivery of my new 2011 Nissan Versa (more to come on that later I'm sure) I look back at the best car I've ever owned...my 1992 Toyota Tercel.  I bought it brand new when I moved to Las Vegas.  It was bare bones.  A short and not complete list of things it did NOT come equipped with...radio, cup holder, passenger side mirror, head rests, power steering, trunk light, clock.  Don't even think about luxuries like power windows, airbags or automatic transmission.  Air conditioning was installed since I was in Vegas after all and a radio was installed 6 months later. 


Over the next 8 years I took that car EVERYWHERE.  While in Las Vegas I took trips out to Los Angeles and down to Tucson.  It then made the 3,000 mile trip back to Maine through snow in June in the Colorado Rockies and  Mississippi River flooding in the midwest.  I took it on way too many trips to Massachusetts to even count and it also traveled to New York before settling for a year in Vermont and going international with a trip to Montreal. 

It was a great car.  I'm still trying to match, if not beat, its fun and easiness.  Let's see...




No comments:

Post a Comment